Welcome to Dragon Press Graphics!
I am Nikki O'Shea, the creator of Dragon Press Graphics.
Please Note: This is a handcoded webpage. It is very simple because I don't have the time or know how to keep up with it, nor the funds to hire someone who could. Please forgive any mistakes, and bring to my attention any faults or errors. Thank you!
Dragon Press Graphics came about somewhere back in 2001 or so. I chose the name as a way to show my interests (fantasy, comics) and to make something memorable (going with the name, the logo itself is a dragon being pressed....).
I work mostly in Inks or Pencils and occasionally color (primarily digital, or colored pencil, but water color is slowly coming into focus). I specialize in fantasy illustrations, usually with some sort of integrated border, as well as graphite portraits (people or animals) and have an ongoing comic strip ( The Bards Comic) with plans of other comics and stories.
What Dragon Press Graphics does NOT do, is act as a printing company. I make prints off my own personal computer in small batches, and I send away to places such as Ka-Blam or Lulu to print up books, depending on my needs.
I, personally, have a wide variety of interests in addition to my art and writing, which include video games, board games, reading, photography and now knitting - all of which have often impacted my art over the years in some manner or another.
I can be found at various shows and conventions over the year as I manage to finangle the time off work and the finances to afford the entry fee. I have a listing of the planned appearances a little below, under the facebook widget (Should it be working), and on the right hand side of the page.
Current Projects and recent news on the board can be found in the Updates section below.
All work herein copyrighted 2001 by Nikki O'Shea
Oct 4th, 2013 -
- The Bards Comic Relaunched book has been printed! The first small batch arrived JUST in time for my last show (Granite State Comic Con) and it looks great! It's a black and white, graphic novel format with 56 pages of content. Order yours today
- Deluxe Bards Comic graphic novel is almost done. This is the original 6 year run before the relaunch and is looking to be well over 50 pages!
- Outcasts, book 1: Just had a brainstorm on it's presentation. The story is finished, what remains is all the art (which I am now starting over on. What I'm planning is going to be pretty unique....at least, I've never seen anything like it...but will take a little while. There is a teaser of the story in the Bards Comic Relaunched book.)
- I have a new Etsy shop since it's easier to list, organize and keep track of merchandise in that manner. All my previously printed books from Lulu can still be purchased directly from them.
- I have also been playing with a Zazzle shop for odds and ends...I tried to split it up a bit - one part for Bards Comic and the other part for art inspired by my new knitting obsession
- All 2012 Art has been uploaded into it's own gallery Here
- GALLERIES - there is outdated art in many of the galleries, and I am in the process of tearing those down and rebuilding them. Please look at the 2012 gallery for more recent works, which shows a better ability as well.
If you are interested in commissioning me, I've put up 'CUSTOM ORDER' products on the Etsy site as well. Please consider commissioning me for 5x7 portraits - I have a pretty quick turn around on those and they make great Christmas presents! But do it soon if you want to recieve them before Christmas!
If there is nothing you wish to purchase from my shop at this time, please consider a donation to help me out financially - a lot of what I wish to do is beyond my capability as the sole supporter of a family of three, making me unable to take the risks necessary to grow as a business...
You can find out how Here and see what sorts of special deals you might get for doing so. It's greatly appreciated - even if all you can do is pass the word. Thank you.
2013: OVER! All of this years events have been completed (5 cons and one fair), now looking towards the next year,
Send email to: